Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum How do I get rid of hair dye on a toilet seat?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sueljones
      Participant

I spilt red hair dye on the toilet seat and have tried using bleach but that only fades it, not takes it away. Is there anything I can do? Can I paint it?

Unregistered-thedude

I don’t think the dye will come out. Looks like you may need to replace the seat. $5-$15 at hardware store.

I would stay away from some of the really thin plastic ones with no metal parts. the hinges have a lot of play and you never seem to be able to get the dang thing square on the toilet.

manolok
      Participant

Try with nail polish remover, it may work.

Manuel

—————————————————————————————————–
      Find many Home Improvement related articles at DoItYourself-tips, pay us a visit at http://www.doityourself-tips.com

Unregistered-Terri

I know Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) works great to get hair dye off my skin at the hair line, and I think I’ve used it to remove dye from the laminate floor before. Give that a try!

Good luck!

homebild
      Participant

Keep the seat “up” where it belongs and no one will ever notice….:)

Unregistered-dukeofearl

These are times that try mens souls…

Unless this a vintage 1923 John Deere seat,
      I would just get a replacement for 6 bucks.

On the other hand, save the seat and learn to like it… I have learned over the years to adjust my attitude… it saves a lot of work.

Happy Seating!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.