Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum How can I kill a tree without my wife knowing?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      davekeon
      Participant

I have a large tree (40 ft) with a huge trunk in my yard and it drips a huge amount of sap onto my car.

What is the best method of me killing it without my wife knowing I have?

She is a bit of a greenie and would be very very unhappy with me if I cut it down. And believe me when I tell you, it’s NO fun having her pissed at you! She would hold it against me for years.

It looked like it was dying and when I mentioned this to her she said “Thits a shame, but we should let nature take it’s course”.

However on closer inspection I discovered that there was a split high up in the trunk, and thats why some of the branches on that side were dying.

So now I figure that if she already thinks it is dying, maybe I can help it along.

I cant ring bark it or drill hols as she will discover them. But I figur I could use some sort of herbicide.

Any Ideas?

Davie

Jcsdrums
      Participant

it’s easier.

carlbrown
      Participant

rock salt and soak it in

Unregistered-HarryC

Dont park under it, or park your wifes car under it. Of all the reasons to remove a tree, this ones pretty lame.

Lamaur53
      Participant

Could be worse. You could have a convertible.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Davie,
      I know what you mean when you have a messy tree. But there is one big problem, if you till it it dosed take long before the tree drys out then the next big storm you may find a branch on your tree instead of sap.

The other thing is you will have to cut it down soon before it’s dead, which will cost $$$$ and if you leave it to long to cut down a tree remover want go near it because it will become to dangerous to work on.

This is just an idea to help stop the mess on your car and that is buy some of those sails.The one you see out side that is used for shade and tie them up over where you park your car. Sails look great when done properly and it might be a good compromise with your wife. Especially when you tell her that you admire the fact she wants to save trees and you dont want to see any harm come to her tree. I am sure you can sweet talk her, I know I am a woman.

Regards Noelene

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.