Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

Kitchen faucet normal as of this morning. Just now a few hours later I ran my hot water to clean some dishes. A few minutes after I needed to fill up my cold water pitcher and noticed that the water was tepid…so i let it run usually to get my cold water…this time the water instead got warmer, not HOT, but close to it. I filled a gallon pail and still it was very warm. This is a private home and so I went upstairs to my bathroom and all is fine there. I went down to the basement..ditto…but not in my kitchen. Now, i was suspecting my hot water tank..but why? I still have cold water in those other 2 areas. Anyone can make sense of this?

Unregistered-lg

it’s called crossover sir.
      usually happens when the checks on a single handle shower valve take a crap.

Unregistered-Jasper

* What you have is a hot water pipe leak. The hot water surrounds the cold water pipe and transfers the heat to the cold water pipe.
      * Test: Turn off all water usuage. Dot not flush the toilets nor have the washing machine going.
      * Look at your water meter. It should not be recording that water is being used.
      * If the water meter is moving, turn off the water valve at the water heater. Recheck the water meter.
      * If the water meter is not moving, then you have a leaking hot water pipe.
      * Turn water back on at the hot water heater.
      * Eyeball the path between the hot water heater and the cold water tap.
      * Listen along this path for a hissing or gurgling noise. Where you hear the noise is where the hot water pipe leak is.
      * Good luck… Adios… Jasper…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.