• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sjb

Are home center installations (i.e. Home depot, lowes, etc) reliable or are they simpley farmed to the cheapest bidder, regardless of quality???? Thanks for your help

Margaret

One of our friends has a contract with regional Home Depot stores to install plantation shutters. He runs a quality shop and I feel confident that his Home Depot alliance is dependent upon his providing satisfactory work.

Tomorrow, we’re having some custom doors installed at our home by a carpenter hired through Lowe’s. The first carpenter they sent (prior to ordering the doors) backed out on the job and we had to wait for Lowe’s to find another carpenter that had skills for this somewhat tricky installation. I feel confident that Lowe’s is trying to do right by us because they know that I spend a LOT of money there and I could start spending it elsewhere…

To put your mind at ease, why not ask them what satisfaction guarantees come with the installation?

Robert

I’m not saying that HD would do a bad job, however, at complaints.com, sometime ago I read about a terrible job HD did on a pergo floor installation. You can go there and read it, if you care to. Robert

Samuel

if you go to http://www.complaints.com and type in Home Depot, you will see numerous complaints about installations that they have done

Tappy

Anyone who subs from Home Depot should be suspect.

I mean, if they (the installers) were any good in the first place they would not NEED Home Depot to give them jobs then mark up their work by an additional 25% and would NEVER sign up as subs for them..

Home Depot and Sears and Lowes and all the others employ the LEAST qualified of all tradespersons for any area.

The really GOOD guys would never even consider working for such cheapskate, dishonest, or rapacious organizations.

Harry

The subcontractors would be happy to be held at arms length from Home Depot.

I’ve had HD install some carpet on two occasions, and the guys did a really good job, even with alot of obsticles and stair balusters to go around.

I can only surmise that since they weren’t Hd employees, they hadn’t undergone the rigorous training that teaches them to avoid eye contact, deflect questions, wander aimlessly, and be generally useless.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.