Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-bjoani61

I need to know how to repair a hole in my wall. It seems to be pretty deep, but I don’t want to pull any material out. What “fillers” do I use to make it level with the rest of the wall?

Unregistered-hubeverly

Hi,

I think this step by step is what you’re looking for:
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/HowTo_Library/Repairing_a_Large_Hole_in_Drywall-Drywall-S2691.html

There is also a video on the bottom that shows you every step.

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck

thiggy
      Participant

What kind of material is your wall – drywall, plaster, wood planks, wooden paneling?

Sauerkraut57
      Participant

If the hole is not very large, there is an easy trick to fixing it.

1) Cut out the hole so that it is square.

2) Cut a new piece of drywall, but make it about 4″ bigger on both sides.

3) Score the patch on the back side of the drywall to the size of the hole, but do it so that there is a 2″ piece on all 4 sides.

4) Snap the drywall patch to break off the 4 pieces, but DO NOT cut the paper on the front of the patch. Instead, just peel off the drywall and leave the front paper attached to the patch.

5) Use the front paper on the patch as the joint tape and just mud the patch into place. The joint compound will hold the patch in place.

Easier than trying to cut a big hole and screwing boards in behind a small hole. This is good for holes that are only a few inches in both direction. I have used this method many times, and it works great.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.