Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      goodmaniacs
      Participant

Our house has 2 floor furnaces. Lately they seem to come on and off when they feel like it not necessarily when the thermostat is set. I can set the thermostat for 90 degrees and they don’t come on but then wake up in the middle of the night and one may be on and the other one may not be. They each have their own thermostat. The weird thing is there is a switch, like a light switch by one of the thermostats and I’ve never been really clear as to what it does. I’ve moved it back and forth and it doesn’t seem to do anything. It may be just a coincidence. If anyone can give me some help on this I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!!

HKestenholz
      Participant

Some older gas units used millivolt pilot controls. They need to have their contacts cleaned periodically so the wires are tightened into clean screws and there should be no unsoldered breaks with wire nuts around them. Then again, the thermostats couild be old and sticking.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.