Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-bfedor

I have an area just outside of our garage service door where we always take our two (female) dogs out to … well, you know. Over time, the grass in this area has eventually been destroyed by their … well, you know. We regularly keep this are picked up to prevent severe accululation of their… you know. Needless to say, I know that the high ammonia content in their urine is the culprit after doing some simple investigation. I have heard solutions ranging from letting the go elsewhere in the yard (which would cause little ‘burn’ spots all over instead of one area) to following up wherever they go with a bucket of water to dilute where they just went. These solutions are not what I’m looking for. I know there are others who have experienced this same predicament and have oversome the dilemma of damaged grass… I’m looking for anyone’s creative, experienced (and much-appreciated) input for addressing this and working toward establishing grass in this area again while (here’s the catch) letting them still be able to use this same area for… you know ;o)
      Thanks in advance to all who have ideas!
      — Brian

Unregistered-Micqn

Get rid of the Male canines and get yerself some female canines. I have a female miniature American Eskimo and my nieghbor has a male American Eskimo dog. The spots on their yard are aweful and all over. I don’t have one dead spot in the yard, except where she digs, but that’s another story for another day.

I heard that there is a chemical in a male dogs urine that kills the grass whereas it isn’t present in a females urine.

Unregistered-lg

i have four dogs,ok.all you need to do is install a sprinkler system and keep the grass well watered and don’t cut it real short and you won’t have any problems.let them have the run of the yard so it isn’t all concentrated in one area also.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Brian,

Hope this helps you out. The problem is the nitrogen levels in your dogs urine which causes the grass to burn and go yellow. There is a product called Dog Rocks which you place in the dogs drinking water.

Dog Rocks is a mineralised rock that changes the dogs nitrogen levels in the urine. The key element in Dog Rocks is “Zeolite” which neutralises nitron levels without altering the ph level.

Dog Rock also lowers tin levels in the water while increasing boron,barium, manganese and stronin levels, that is good for your dogs.

I live in Sydney Australia and I know we can buy it here. But I am sure you must be able to buy it in the USA. but it might come under a differant name. The main thing to look for is the key ingrediant “Zeolite”
      Regards Noelene

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.