Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a recliner that was dropped. Now the backrest sags backwords on one side. THe head rest also seems loose. I tried looking at it as best I could with out cutting or ripping the suade. I couldn’t see anything wrong, but it still sags. what can I do to repair this chair its almost brand new and it’s my favoret. help

Danon

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Danon,
      First I need to explain how the manufacture covers your chair useing suade or leather because it is differant to the way fabric chairs are coverd. The most common way suade and leather chairs are made is they cut the suade using a pattern then sew it together then they put all the padding into it. Then they pull the hole thing over the recliner frame making sure it all lined up and sits correctly on the frame. Now they turn it up side down and useing a stapple gun they firmly pull on the leather and stapple it to to timber underneath it and they then use cheesecloth fabric to seal it of, this prevent unwelcome visitors getting into your lounge eg, spiders.

Now getting back to repair your recliner. Turn it up side down and remove the staples, you will see two lots of staples the first lot holds the fabric on the second lot hold the leather on. Once you have removed all of the staples you should be able to pull off the suade, the best way I can explain it is its like putting suade gloves on your hand. “your hand being like the chair frame” now you have to pull the glove off your hand. It might be a little hard but don’t give up.

Once you have it off you will be able to see the frame and fix it. you are welcome to e-mail me with pictures of your recliner so I can see it and get a better idea of what it looks like and I might be able to help you better. Then I can take you though it step by step and making sure you don’t damage your suade. noeleneramsay@hotmail.com

Regards Noelene

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.