Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      KimberlyJudd
      Participant

I’m thinking of doing a panel upgrade to 200 amp service in my house at Toronto. The house was built in 1968.
      These are the reasons why I am planning for an electrical panel upgrade in my old house. The main requirement is safety and it was designed for just a few circuits. The circuit consists of all the outlets linked on one wire operated by a single fuse or circuit breaker. The circuit may not trip properly, even when the circuit is overloaded. It preserves people from an overload or the danger of electrocution and shock.
      I had a few reasons so far and people are telling me different answers about the panel upgrade. One is saying that if we pull the panel, the house needs to be brought up to code with a new build. Another one is saying that, because it’s an old home, the code is not a problem.
      Our smaller bedrooms are almost 9×9. There are currently 2 outlets. One guy says two is fine as long as the outlets are grounded, the other is saying I need another outlet. Has anyone faced this problem before? Anyone know about the rules for the same?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.