Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-goknights

|___|…..TV….|___|
      |___|………..|___|
      |___|///////////|___|
      |___|///////////|___|
      |___|///////////|___|

I bought a set of Markor bookcases that I have on either side of my tv unit. Between them I would like to put the matching bridge that hangs above the TV. The bridge weighs about 40-45 pounds. Call me paranoid, but I am deathly afraid of suspending a 40-45 pound object above my new 50″ TV. by two drywall anchors (there are two predrilled holes for screws on the back of the bridge.) My neighbor suggested bolting the sides of the bookcases to the bridge and then screwing it into the wall. Is this a wise course of action? Drilling holes into 3 pieces of my new furnature seems pretty drastic. Should i be worried about only using two 75lbs drywall anchors? Screwing into studs is not possible do to the placement of the furnature. What should I do!

Thanks in advance
      -Ben

Bruno1949
      Participant

I have something similar and I decided I’d rather have a few holes in the furniture than have the whole thing come off the wall or fall on the TV. If, someday, you decide to use the bookcases differently it’s easy to patch the holes with wood putty. Try to find a stud behind each bookcase and screw them to the wall. Add screws to the bridge to make sure it’s firmly attached to the bookcases. I know it hurts to drill holes in new, expensive furniture, but for your safety and the safety of the new TV I would do it. Just try to make the screws as inconspicuous as possible.

I’ve had a grandchild try to climb a bookcase once. Luckily I was there to catch the case before it tipped over. Since then I ALWAYS mount them to the walls. I’ve used little “L” brackets on the top or screws through the back wall into a stud, whatever works the best and is the easiest to hide.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.