Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      djaques
      Participant

We have installed this ceiling fan (68″ Altura) purchased at Home Depot according to mfgr instructions. The fan and light kit periodically turn off by itself, and the light turns on in the high position at random intervals. What gives???? Anybody know??? Its like it has a mind of its own…

Bruno1949
      Participant

The most likely bad connection would be in the white neutral wire because that’s the only one that would affect both the lights and the fan motor. Turn off the power and open the switch box and lower the fan so you can reach the wiring. Remove the wire nuts and make sure all the white wires are even at the bare end and twisted tightly together. I’m fairly sure you will find the wires in the fan uneven or maybe not even touching when you remove the wire nut. If you have to, restrip the wires carefully and twist them together again before you put the wire nut back on. Hang the fan again and test it again. Hopefully the second try will fix the problem.

Unregistered-13WILLI1

HI – I CAN’T HELP WITH YOUR MYSTERY, BUT WOULD YOU TELL ME WHAT LIGHT KIT THAT YOU FOUND THAT FITS THE ALTURA,
      BILL (THANKS FOR ANY HELP)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.