Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Linda

Hi Bob,
      I was reading about this subject in your messages and saw someone recommended the use of fans in the crawl space to help dry out ground water. Can you give me more information on that? We know the water is seeping in after rain from UNDER our front deck, and we do not have access under that deck. However, before the deck was built, my husband installed a french drain and downspout tubing to carry most of the water away from the house. However, we have had a very rainy summer here in the foothills!

Are there any brands you would recommend? What about a “humistat” that turns the fan on at a certain moisture level?

Would a sump pump be a better choice?

Thanks for any advice, Linda

Anonymous
      Participant

It is not easy to use a sump pump in a crawl space. The drain ditch to the pump closes off with mud as does the pump even in a screened pit. You also need electric.
      If you have standing water then fans will not be much help. Do you have adequate crawl space ventilation? If the water isn’t standing then it may only be water seeking it’s own level. The depth of the water line outside is the same inside.

Unregistered-grasshopper

Dig in a crock with a sump pump. If a green grass climate, cover the earth with plastic, close the vents and dehumidify to

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.