Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I have an offer to install a 16 sq ft countertop, stainless undermount sink with either Granite or Silestone tiles. Shouldn’t the Silestone tile be a little cheaper than the granite, and which is better to have installed..This coming weekend they plan on doing the installation. I’ve heard pro and con on the Granite…there are so many under different names to go by and I don’t know one from the other…any suggestions please? Thanks

Unregistered-wzoldi

It comes down to personal preference. you need to look at the stone and color choices and go with the one that you like best. I installed Silestone because 3 years ago I thought it was the best choice for looks/colors/durability. Then almost all granite had drawbacks for stains and having to seal it annually was not something I was willing to risk. But, now they have some granite that they claim does not need any sealing. I am not informed enough to make a judgement on these newer granite products.

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

it wasn’t suitable for use as a c-top – mine included 🙁 however, it looks ‘nice’ & she’s happy w/new dishes & ceramic stuff ( granite’s not as yielding as alternate c-top mtl),,, granite’s not my choice however she WAS my choice – you can get the rest on your own, right ? ? ? 😉

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.