Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cybrshrk
      Participant

Hoping someone here is in the business and can give a hand. We got an estimate on a very small ‘deck’ of $4000. The deck is roughly 7’x7′ with floor level about 3′ above ground level. There will be one 4′ wide set of stairs to get down to ground level. We have asked for PT lumber framing with composite decking and vinyl railings, post covers and post caps. The estimate calls for (3) 8″x30″ round footings. Does that price seem reasonable. I have never had any work done on my house other than what I have done, so I’m not familiar with going rates. The contractor checks out great…I just want to make an educated decision. The work is being done in South Jersey. Thanks!

homebild
      Participant

You need more estimates.

That work would cost about $2000 tops in PA.

But since you are in Southern NJ, that estimate may include ‘insurance’ so that nothing bad happens to the deck. 🙂

Allison1888
      Participant

We just had one built that is about 16 by 7 and it was approximately $1,000 for materials (pressure treated wood, however) and then about $3,000 for labor. Similar stairs, although ours was raised a half story about the ground. So, yours seems a little high, but not sure about the difference in material costs.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.