Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Goodman Janitrol Venter Blower squeals and stops.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      tommytx
      Participant

I have a venter blower motor that is worn and when it stops it will not restart unless you give it a push manually. Apparently its is a high failure item as I have seen posts here describing the need for lubrication and such after 3 or 4 years.

As long as it runs its ok, but when it stops due to correct temperatrue, it will not restart without a push… but once running its ok..

Here is my question: If I hard wire the venter blower to run 24×7, will it be bypassing any safety devices. I would only run it this way until I can get a new motor,

Any thoughts suggestions.

HKestenholz
      Participant

Depending on the wiring of some machines, running the vent before there is a call for heat would prevent the burner from firing, as the pressure switch moves from one position to the other when the pressure changes from atmospheric to negative.

http://www.heatpro.us energy businessmen’s knowledge

Yes, you really have to find out the MAKE and MODEL to get good answers. There IS more than one machine made.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.