• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-reznyrose@aol.com

we have a bid for 1800 to install a 90,000 btu Goodman furnace. we have 900 sq up and 900 basement. duct work will need to be changed old furnace has been in since 1979 linnex. this furnace will have central air capabilities; we will install air in the Spring. Is a goodman a good furnace and is it a good price for installation and furnace?

Unregistered-t.b.

Goodman is a low priced line in furnaces sort of like a hyundai vs a toyota. However remember both will get you to the grocery store. The question is do you need a higher priced model? If you are not planning on staying in this house long or you don’t have the money then the option of a Carrier or(fill in a more expensive brand) is silly. And as far as furnaces go the secret in the industry is reliability depends on proper installation and service/maintenance NOT THE BRAND NAME ON THE BOX.
      Price is good compared to the usual markups by HVAC contractors

Unregistered-Dodgeman

For the price you were quoted, I had a high efficiency Lennox installed. 100,000 btu. I found that the local installers carrying Lennox, Carrier, were within $150 of each other.
      I made my final selection based on customer service and reputation of the dealer, not cost.
      Good Luck!
      Dodgeman

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.