Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum GE Profile Dishwasher won’t completely drain

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      KBCampbell
      Participant

My 4-year old GE dishwasher ran fine for 4 years until now. It now always leaves a couple of inches of water in the the tub at the end of the cycle. I have taken apart all of the hoses from where it enters the garberator all the way back to the auxillary pump and found no blockage. I’ve removed and checked the filters into the main pump and found no blockage. I’ve watched the solenoid work and it appears fine. When I run a normal cycle and the tub fills with water the drain cycle empties some water but it’s a pretty slow flow. I’ve tried running the Reset function (by pressing Reset twice) that forces a drain but no water comes out. The main pump runs fine.

I’m at a complete loss as to what to do next short of calling in the repairman. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

DanO
      Participant

** I’m at a complete loss as to what to do next short of calling in the repairman. **

Posting the dishwasher’s model number off its model and serial number tag might help us to see how it was designed (they’re not all the name) and what components it has which might be suspect.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+dishwasher
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.