Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      Jerry

I have a coleman gas furnace in my mobile home and the heat will come on and run for a while then the fan will kick off a few minutes later however the burners are still going and the fan will eventually kick back on. Any ideas on what my problem could be?

Glenn

Sounds like a limit switch is either set too low or is about to fail.

Robert Marshall

Our house is 23 years old and has the original furnace. We’ve been told that it cracked and may be leaking harmful carbon monoxide. I’ve never heard of a furnace cracking. Shouldn’t we expect longer life from this 4 ton unit?

Robert E. Crim

Replaced almost everythig on this heater in the last 6 years, ignitors, pressure switchs, inducer motor, circuit boards now I’m waiting on a flame sensor? Heater fires up for about 7-10 seconds go thru all phases but will not light off ignitor glows and gas valve opens burners light for a very short period and then off it resets tries again same thing finally locks out? any suggestions and was this a proven product 7 years ago or did I get stuck with a lemon as every winter I have problems with it ? Any advice would be gratefully appreaciated.

Robert E. Crim

Replaced almost everything on this heater in the last 7 years, ignitors, pressure switchs, inducer motor, circuit boards now I’m waiting on a flame sensor? Heater fires up for about 7-10 seconds go thru all phases but will not light off ignitor glows and gas valve opens burners light for a very short period and then off it resets tries again same thing finally locks out? any suggestions and was this a proven product 7 years ago or did I get stuck with a lemon as every winter I have problems with it ? Any advice would be gratefully appreaciated.

wayne

Problem: must light pilot 50% 0f mornings last early spring.

Would removing burner and administering a good cleaning cure?

Thanks

NELDA

I HAVE A coleman gas furnace. 1982 Presidential model #7708656. Needing automatic ignition

box. They tell me can not find replacement parts. Been discontinued. Live on low income. Is there a place to find parts for this furnace?

Joy Mills

I have a coleman presidential 2.The pilot light is lit but the furnace will not kick on.Any suggestions in what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Joy

Joy Mills

I have a coleman presidential 2.The pilot light is lit but the furnace will not kick on.Any suggestions in what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Joy

lorenzo

I shut my furnace down for the summer and I now went to turn it back on and as soon as it warms up and starts to blow heat it blows the 3amp. fuse on the circut board. I replaced the fuse and it repeats the same thing. I’m wondering if something has gotten stuck while not in use.If someone can be any help to me Please email me and let me know.

Stan Schmitz

I light the pilot light and press in button for 1 minute. When I depress the button the pilot light goes out. Just put in now thermocoupler and there is gas going to it. Could it possibly be in the regulator or safety valve?

Coleman

m/n# 8655D769

David Winn

I get 3 blinking light when attempting to start teh furance I have look in the service book and tried to correct all of thd suggested problems, but no start. Can you suggest something. The furnace in about a year old. Thank you

paula

My furnace goes above temp set and will not shut off and gets very hot. what can I do and what is wrong with it?

Dan

My limit switch is flashing 4 times, what does that mean, can I reset it?

MIke

i have a coleman\evcon mobile home furnace the thermostat kicks in, the pilot light ignites and after a few min the fan comes on. the fan runs for about 10 min and goes off. the pilot light is still burning full blast what is wrong with my furnace?

Dodette Smith

Hi, our gas furnace is installed in the garage. is it safe to be tinkering/working there – 2 hrs or more at a time (w/garage door closed coz of the cold) while furnace is on? Is carb monoxide being released you think or is there a special vent exhaust for cmonoxide which comes with the installation. our house is fairly new less than a year. thanks for responding to this crazy question. have a feeling its dangerous to be staying in the garage w/ furnace on but would like to hear from you anyway. Thanks

dodette.

Dodette Smith

Hi, our gas furnace is installed in the garage. is it safe to be tinkering/working there – 2 hrs or more at a time (w/garage door closed coz of the cold) while furnace is on? Is carb monoxide being released you think or is there a special vent exhaust for cmonoxide which comes with the installation. our house is fairly new less than a year. thanks for responding to this crazy question. have a feeling its dangerous to be staying in the garage w/ furnace on but would like to hear from you anyway. Thanks

dodette.

Randall Vance

Pilot light goes out when furnace kicks on.

Sometimes it will go two weeks, sometimes 1

time before it goes out.

edkeller

i have a model # 7995a656 mh furnace ( problim)furnace will ignite 10-15 sec.then out. i can turn off & back on then most of time it work for another mo. i been in mh heat & ac 30 yrs. this got me thedonk

Jack

I have a coleman furnace in my 5th wheel that lights, runs for a while, starts clicking and then the flame goes out but the fan continues blowing, eventually all cold air. As soon as I turn off and on the thermostat, it lights again and does the same thing. Possible gas valve? Comments welcome.

John Grisler

This problem of the motor shutting off and the burners staying on doesn’t sound like a limit switch it sounds like the blower motor over temeprature switch is causing the motor to shut off due to high current or high temperature, I just repaired this same problem on a coleman mobil home furnace-the internal limit switch was tripping on the motor. If your furnace has a summer switch I suggest that you turn on the burners (turn up t-stat) then after the burners get going turn the summer switch on, if the blower still shuts off I’d say you have a blower motor problem. Replace the blower motor and capacitor if its a split motor!

victor j.a. lee

was there any recall for this product

LENNOX : model no. 10acb48-5p

serial no. 5896 f 66215

bobby

furnace gas will sometimes go off at night but fan keeps running. after turning off thermistat and then turning it back on the furnace will relight its self sometimes I may have to do this a couple times a night and sometimes it may work right for 24 hours

Sasha

My blower is constantly blowing cold air. The red light is blinking one time. The dealer went out of business and I cannot find a trouble shooting manual. It is an Intertherm upflow gas furnace model#g5rc12oc-16. Where can I obtain a manual? What can I do in the meantime to correct this problem? It’s really cold!

Mark Mccleod

I am currently in school for HVAC.Could you please send me any information regarding the operation of gas furnaces .

Thank you

Mark Mccleod

J LaPierre

The above furnance has been giving me some problems. Last year when used the furnance would have a really loud humming sound when the unit would kick on. After successfully lighting the furnance this winter, when the unit kicks on for further warming the pilot light goes out and the furnance shuts down. Any suggestions or repairs and/or replacement. I really would like to stay with the floor hearing system and not central, if possible.

Bill Miller

Our furnace goes on and heats up fine, but then comes on again and goes off fast, sometimes 2x’s in a row it will do this???

We change thremostat but its still doing the same thing.

Jason

my gas furnace have 3 times light blink and it doesn;t start , seem like no gas out. please suggest any method to fix that. thanks

Jerry

My Colman started cycling one night and finnallt decide night to ignite. I have checked the board , igniter, sensor, these do not seem to be bad. In a self diagnostic it flashs 3 times. The pressure switch does have an open path but when i try to jump it, the board starts flashing 2 times. This pressure switch is in series along with another pressure switch , the other switch gets power even thoug it should be an open path. I have no idea what the problem is and i am now brain dead, HELP

LeMar Hanson

I have a Amana Furnace/water heater combination product that was installed in 1988. The problem is with the electronic control board. For three years I have had to replace the board because the automatic blower connection will not function. I can leave the blower on all the time but the only way I have been able to fix the problem is to change the board. The furnace heats well and takes care of the water. I first thought that a power surge might have cause a short, but I have put a Surge Protector at the the electric plug in, but it did not help.

Reed

I’ve been servicing heating and cooling equipment on and off for quite some time now (I run a boiler operations company and I work on smaller ones if it looks like someone is really freezing), but I can’t seem to figure out my current problem. A couple of years ago I had a contractor install the following Furnace in my house:

Model: BGUO7512A

Serial: 981148307

The furnace is currently short cycling due to overheating. The furnace runs fine if I remove the lower access cover (where the circuit board is). It takes this much air flow to prevent overheating. It doesn’t even run if I leave the filter access open. It needs the full access cover for the circuit board. Could the high limit switch fail in such a way as to cause the furnace to trip out at a lower than desired temperature? Is there any way this could be a thermocouple?

I’m thinking about just replacing both the thermocouple and the high limit. Any opinions would be welcome, especially by email.

Thanks,

Reed

Budd

My furnace puts out lots of heat but when it turns on I hear a loud poof or small explosion. I imagine this is from a gas build up that is ignited when the electronic ignition kicks on. What could be the problem and the cure?

Matt Brannon

I need a replacement heat exchanger for a Colman gravity feed gas in wall room heater. 25,000 btu in and 17,500 btu out. I will buy several if they are in good working order. OR where can I purchase used Colman heat exchangers?

Thanks.

Mike D

Amana Air Command 90 furnace

Upon signal, blower motor starts for several seconds, then stops. After several second, starts again…process repeats 2 or 3 times before maintaining continuous run through cycle. Problem happened immediately follow replacement of Honeywell ‘Round’ thermostat with Honeywell CT-3600 programmable thermostat.

Lou Vance

I have a mobile home with a coleman furnace that the burner will light with no problem. But the blower will not come on. I changed the thermal coupling switch and it did not help. I can heat the thermal coupling with a lighter and the blower will come on. I jumped the thermal coupling and it worked then. Any idea what my problem is? Apparently the thermal coupling is not getting hot enough, why?

matt

gas furnace is keping us warm but with temp set at 68–furnace comes on–heats for 5 minutes shuts down for 4 minutes and starts again–been doing this for a week-we were away and m-i-l staying at house noticed this. any ideas what this could be?

Adam Thomas

We are getting a lot of snow right now and the ventalation vent on the roof of my home is covered with snow. Could that cause the furnace to shut off after it comes on?

The thermostat clicks when I get to 65, so it should cut on and stay on, but anytime it happens to cut on, it doesn’t run for 1 minute before shutting off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Luckily we have a gas fireplace, so we can stay warm, but should I turn off the furnace so it doesn’t keep trying to run?

russell micinski

my amana furnace has electronics that has a light

that flashes when there is a problem. it is flashing 4 times. any idea what is wrong.

it is a 80% efficient model (guic070ca30).

vince bonser

my bryant gas furnace is about 4 years old and im having problems with the roll out switch opening up ,and im having to reset frequently.what is causing it to open and what is it for.i think the switch is good but do not know the cause or way to fix it from happening.thanks for any help.i am a 15 year electrician .

Colleen

Last year we had the Upper Limit Switch replaced, now the furnace is flashing 3 times which indicates the Combustion Air Switch is the problem. But the Combustion Blower Motor runs constantly and heats up. Will it eventually shut off? Is it the Combustion Air Switch causing the problem or is it the Combustion Blower Motor? The furnace will not ignite.

Joyce Lindemann

I have an Evcon furnace that is 9 years old. The blower is coming on fine and forcing the heat through the vents, however, once the blower shuts off, the motor will not stop running. Any ideas before I start contacting a technician?

Tom

I am just wondering if there is a way to remove my standing pilot light and install either a hot serface igniter or a spark ign. pilot light i have a 80,000 coleman downdraft gas furnace.

Bill Herman

We have a coleman gas furnace in our trailer. The furnace works well except we get a sweet smell that comes when the blower vents when it first starts blowing. Should we be cocerned about this? If so what should we do?

Melody

I have a Coleman Presidental furnace in my mobile home. Whenever the thermostat reaches it’s desired temperature or is manually turned down and the fan stops blowing, the pilot light also goes out. Consequently, every time it gets too chilly and we want heat (in the middle of the night), we need to remove the furnace covers and re-light the pilot. Any suggestions?

jeff

I have a mid eighties motor home with a coleman presidential furnace. It worked fine when parked a month ago but now wont light. Plenty of spark but no gas. 1/2 tank of propane and stove works fine. any help?

cort johnson

this is a 2 year old natural gas unit the fan runs constant and the unit does not ignite the burners

RHEANA POWELL

I AM LOOKING AT QUESTIONS PEOPLE HAVE ASKED AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU RESPONDED TO THEIR QUESTION. HOW DO I GET THAT INFORMATION?

Diane Hill

I have a Lennox pulse furnace that was installed in 1992 (before I bought my house) and it will run for a minute then kick off. Do you have any idea of what my problem could be. The heating and cooling people suggest I get a new furnace. I hesitate because until the past week, I didn’t have any problems.

Thanks so much.

victor

I installed a new board in it and it still wont start. Do you think it could be the gas valve. IT is a new arcoaire furnace 150000 btu. I would appreciate some help.

eldred stocker

I have a 1985 double wide with a coleman furnace 7600.How does the blend air unit work,what does it do.I now have a basement and a new furnace .Do I still need the blend air unit?

Barbara Curren

We have a martin floor furnace that will not go off when the thermostat is turned down and will on occasion not come on, We have replaced the thermostat but it still does not respond as it should. What can we do?

pulling out my hair

2 yrs old , this furnace worked great the first year …when its real humid out or raining out the burner shuts off but the inducer motor keeps running ,it flashes5 times which is a flame roll out code.any ideas whats wrong

help before im bald .thanks

john

can a small fan be hooked up to the caseing to move heated air under the floor?

Unregistered-vickiholt@charter.net

I need a wiring diagram for a Coleman Heater model 7956-856.

Unregistered-dnelson952@msn.com

I have a Coleman furnace in my mobile home. Though it is only six years old I have had to have it fixed twice, which was very expensive. Why has none of the dealers who have worked on it not told me about the recalls & replaced the faulty parts free

Unregistered-ken mc donald

I have colman furnace in a manfactured home.I have large ice buildup on the chimney.What can I do to prevent this?It can shut down the furnace.I have to chip the ice off.

eapples
      Participant

I had a circuit board replaced on my Frigidaire furnace back in February. Now, it seems that there’s a problem with the limit switch. The trouble light on the circuit board indicates a fault with the limit switch. I had the furnace guy replace the limit switch (we have a service contract with the local utility). Everything worked fine for a day or two, and now the problem has appeared again…the fan does not shut down at the end of the heating cycle. When the other zones kicks on (we have two zones), the fan will shut down, and the furnace goes through the normal startup routine, but at the end of the heating cycle the fan continues to run. Any ideas? Is this something that I can replace myself? I’m letting it go for now because it’s the end of the heating season. I’ll deal with it again in September.

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.