Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bigtedrx
      Participant

We have dual zoned heating and the upstairs zone is apparently not working. We do have gas because the downstairs is heated. The thermostat upstairs is set to heat at 72 and is on. The actual room temperature is 64. I turned the heat up higher and went to go observe what the furnace was doing. I hear something click and what sounds lie a fan, then about 30 seconds later the pilot comes on and then the gas is released resulting in a blue flame that lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds. And this keeps repeating for 5 tries before it shhuts down. I went downstairs to see what the other furnace did and that flame remained lit. Just wondering if this is something I can maybe fix myself or should I have a technician come out for $115. Thanks in advance to any input!!!

(We have an Armstrong Air Ultra V Tech 80 unit)

HKestenholz
      Participant

A flame sensor is a rod that is close to the ignitor that sits over the fire with a thin wire that runs back to the ignition module. It needs cleaning at least yearly as it coats with what is in the air. Ordinarily the sensor is cleaned during the yeraly maintenance procedure, but many owners are used to old furnaces with standing pilots that were less finicky that were made before today’s energy saving requirements.

If you can find it and clean it, then it does the trick you can save some money. However, you didn’t check the gas pressure CO and CO2 level, the exchanger, lubricate any motors, tighten and clean every connection; so you still would have to do that unless you want the next service emergency call.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.