Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-jimrichards

Help! It’s getting cold! When I turn on my gas forced-air furnace, the electronic ignition lights and blower comes on. After about a minute the furnace shuts off but, the blower remains on and the ignitor once again ignites the flame. This continues to turn on and off evry 15-20 seconds. The ignitor goes on and off. I’m told it need a thermostate; however, it has a new thermostate just installed by the previous owner. Is it possible the thermostate is wired wrong or, is it the thermo couple????

HKestenholz
      Participant

That is a symptom of a dirty or maladjusted flame sensor. When the control can not sense a flame accurately, it recycles. If you can’t identify and clean it properly, call a pro.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Unregistered-jamie

I have a goodman furnace(model gmp-100-3)it was installed in 1997.I never have had any problems with it til this year.It will not kick on.The trouble shooting light on the integrated module blinks three times.In the trouble shooting guide this means a possible problem with the air pressure switch.I touched the air pressure switch
      while cleaning out the dust and it tried to turn on and then stopped.
      The next day I removed the air pressure switch and checked the rubber hose for blockage.(it was clear)while off.
      The exhaust blower started running.I then reconnected the air pressure switch and removed the circuit breaker fuse (to make sure it was not blown)and when I reinserted the fuse and the furnace fired up.
      What could be the problem???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.