Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Rocky

My furnace is having a problem of not continuously blowing warm air. When at look at the furnace cycle, the furnace ignitor gets red hot, the burner starts and pushes out 3 blue flames and then the burner cuts off after about 5 seconds. The blower continues to blow air (unheated) for a while (couple of minutes), and then the burners will light up again for only a few seconds and then shut back down. Someone mentioned to be that the thermocouple could be bad or dirty. Does this sound like the problem, and if so how do I fix it and find one (my initial research has not shown a thermocouple to be easy to get). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HKestenholz
      Participant

The usual procedure is to clean the flame sensor. Get a pro in there to do a complete pre-season checklist.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Anonymous
      Participant

You’re cycling for some reason. It could be a safety, a high limit switch, blower motor turning the wrong way, clogged vent or other. You should have a strong blue flame without any heat coming back out the combustion chamber.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.