• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Barbie

Help! We have very nice formica counters in our home, but the previous owner put in “black” counters, they look like slate. Although very attractive, the dark color just isn’t what I would like to have. Not having a big budget to have them replaced, I was wondering if there is a paint available, that I could change the color of the counters, but that would also be durable and not scratch easily. Any advice you could give would be very much appreciated.

Bruce Ridenour

It isn’t recomended to paint kitchen counter tops because they are “Food Contact Surfaces”. Formica and the like can be painted in a room like a bathroom or at a work station, but it shouldn’t be done in a kitchen.

neali vaant

I want to install new countertops and am on a very limited budget. The only low priced counters I was able to find was formica at about $14.00 a square foot. I can go up to $25.00 a square foot. Is there anything else out there. I’ve checked corian, granite and soapstone. Unfortunately, it’s out of my price range. Is there an alternative to formica?

ann grasnik

I have a dark brown/floral color countertops & I cannot clean watermarks from the surface. I have tried many, many products & the marks will not disapear. Any ideas/products to recommend?

Tony Burke

Where can I purchase a sheet of Formica and is it feasible to cover old with new using a good adhesive. I am located in Liverpool

Joyce Saxon

What is the kind of one coat paint that can be used to paint a kitchen formica counter. I do not have the money to replace the existing ‘bright blue”formica counter right now as I have done a lot to the 1932 house. How to paint it to have it last a while longer without the auful look?

Jane Smith

can you paint formica counters?

Faye Jones

I have decided to install new counter tops using Formica. I do not like to use the formica to finish off the edges. I need a better idea of what to do with this. Also, what type of backsplash to use. I do not like the formica for a backsplash

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.