• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael N. Robinson

I am looking for a light-weight, semi-liquid floor
      leveler – not cement since weight is a problem
      in the renovation of this 150 year old wood house.

Strapping and reflooring does not appear to be an
      option since ceiling height is critical.

Ideally we would like to find a light-weight pourable
      plastic that would only fill-in low spots on this
      rolling (up hill and down dale) floor.

Thanks for the help.

Michael N. Robinson
      michaelr@fox.nstn.ca

carolcollins

If you find or have already found liquid level please, share info as I have similar problem.Thanks.

carolcollins

If you find or have already found liquid level please, share info as I have similar problem.Thanks.

Joe Burns

I am looking for a cement patch in a comercial wharehouse setting.It is in an area that gets a lot of forklift traffic. It is about 2″wide 1″ deep and 3′ long and runs along a expantion joint in the floor. please help.

Patrick Wickenheiser

I noticed your inquiry on the internet as I am seeking the same thing. I am redoing a 100 yr old farm house and was wondering if you had any luck finding a suitable product for leveling floors that is light weight.

Paul Foster

My dining room has a wide plank wood floor. How can I level it so that I can put new wood flooring over it? Help!!!

MARY BERRY

I have a problem very much like Mr. Robinson.. An old house.. I’m looking for a light wieght floor leveler.. Like some kind of plastic or acrlic..

Please, HELP.. Thanks, MARY

Gene Hirt

Have same issues as all previous inquiries on trying to find a pourable lightweight leveller for solid wood floor in 120 year old farm house.

Have not yet found a response to identify the appropriate solution. Please help.

RODCO

I finally found what I was looking for. I am working on a 150 year old house with an uneven cement floor in the basement. The floor is out of whack up to 3″. The surface has also pitted and it very rough. I found a company in Boston that poured a flowable lightweight leveler. The finish is smooth as can be. It can be installed over any existing floor (including wood). You can buy the material yourself, but it is not feasible, as it takes about 120 bags for an average basement and is VERY labor intensive. The 4 man crew we had install it has a custom built truck to mix and pump the product.

The basement floor is 1500 sq. ft and it cost us $4000 installed. We could have opted for anther product that does the same job, but is not as strong and needs a finished floor installed over the top. That would have cost $2800, but then we would have to pay to have another floor put over it.

Any questions..email me.

Carol

Go to dap.com and look up floor covering products. I found this one for leveling out a 100 year old farmhouse floor prior to putting down new flooring. There are options for concrete as well. DAP® Flexible Floor Patch and Leveler (RTU)

Frances Bowling

Could someone tell me the name of a liquid floor leveling product and where I could find it. Thank You

Unregistered-dayna ryan

hi hi…we have a pretty old house that the floor id 21/2 inches off..what is the cheepest and best product to usse for leveling

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.