Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-akeren138

In August of 2003 we had a new concrete driveway installed. Last Feb., and now this year also, when the snow starts to melt, the concrete flakes up and crumbles. Last year the contractor who did the work told me that it was salt damage (from the road). Now, we do not park either of our cars on the driveway, and rarely neeed to apply bag salt. The contractor said it is STILL becase of road salt, even if all we do is drive by/over it. Nobody who hears this story thinks this is the case. Anybody have an idea? What do I do next?
      Thanks, Amy

Unregistered-ted

concrete with even small bits of salt on it should not flake off. talk to the concrete plant and see the real reason for the concrete doing what you describe. hopefully they will help for a couple of quick questions.
      reasons for flaking can be too much water in mix and mix drying too quick in hot weather(august).
      and I bet a one year warranty has expired too.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Amy,
      I have a concrete pool and use loads of bags of salt in it and it has never flaked like your driveway, and I live near the beach where there is heaps of salt and all the steps down to the sand and water are made of concrete and they are not flakeing.
      Like Ted said you should check it out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.