Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      airlinesteve
      Participant

How would I repair a dent in a fiberglass entry door. The dent is about the size of the corner of a 2×4 and has went through to where I can see the foam inside. I want to stain the door.

HenryinMI
      Participant

You can repair it with Bondo in the same way that you fix automotive fiberglass bodies. Because both the car body and the door skin are going to move around in use, there will always be a question about how long the repair will hold up. One other issue is that when you stain, put another coat of paint over the fiberglass. This will hide the color difference between the paint base that’s on the door now and the Bondo.

You use a gel-type stain on fiberglass or metal surfaces and the paint department of your home center should have the instructions and tools for doing this job.

Personally, I would take a long look at the cost of the door and the finishing materials before doing the repair. The repair could last a lifetime or could fall out the first time the wind grabs the door and bangs it or someone slams the door.

Henry in MI

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.