• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave

We have a five year old external fiberglass door that badly needs refinishing and I’m hearing about all kinds of problems with these doors. Professionals have even refused the job. We can either restore the woodgrain look or paint to match the outside molding color, whichever will work best. Any suggestions from square one to finish? Thanks much. Dave

Henry in MI

Dave, you might want to check my posts on Repairing a Fiberglass Tub, asked by Myra on 5/5. The process is the same for the exterior. As far as the interior, and depending on the current condition and type of current paint, I would use automotive primer–spray cans– after sanding, then you can use just about any kind of paint you choose for base coat. Wood grain and put on a top coat of exterior poly.

Sherry

I am in the process of trying to refinish my exterior fiberglass door, after being told by the contractor it was maintenance free! I haven’t been able to get reliable information and have started the project with what experience I have in refinishing, unable to find a stripper that is compatible with the fiberglass, we sanded with steel wool and using a gel stain, so far I am not very pleased with the outcome, any suggestions before I give up and put the polyuretane on it and accept it as is?

len

please send all information to refinish fiberglass door or a message to obtain this informatio to my e-mail address.

thank you

Teri

We had our 8 year old fiberflass door refinished 2 years ago. It is badly mildewed and in need of refinishing again. I can not afford to have it done. Please email instructions from start to finish.

Barb Balliett

I would like to know what product to use to take off the old stain off of my door. It is too dark and I would like to make sure that I use the right product so that I will not ruin the door.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.