Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rgallagher56
      Participant

I am wanting to paint my bathroom with the color blending faux technique. You start by sponging then working the paint with pad applicator. The technique is very pretty however the corners and the edges look funny to me. I have several videos of the faux painting technique but they do not show the color blending technique. I have done the sponging and it turned out beautiful but the pattern for the color blending technique is diffferent and my edges and corners look funny. I have not even found a picture of the corners or the edges to see what they look like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Handyman
      Participant
      Allison1888
      Participant

I’ve found this as well with faux painting and it just takes practice. I would tape off the ceiling so that when you do the wall edges you actually apply the paint a little onto the tape, thus making it seem more natural and less like a hard line. In the corners, start a few inches on one side and blend it onto the adjacent wall. If you get some momentum, it will appear to move from one area to another and not look so cut off around the edges.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.