• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Unregistered-zzz111.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

Recently, I had a new countertop installed..Silestone with an undermounted sink. I retained my previous kitchen faucet to reinstall it. A handyman I hired, told me that my faucet won’t work, cause the nipple isn’t long enough to get a locknut around it. He said I had to get a nipple extension…well, I went to lowes, two local plumbing supply stores and no one could help me. How odd, Lowes sells faucets and countertops, but the faucets only fit for sinks. I was considering in buying a new faucet, but it would have to be on special order. In the meantime, I cannot use water in the kitchen. I called Moen, the maker of my faucet for any info that they can give me on a repair kit or something a plumber told me that most company’s have them> Naturally these days all one gets is a ‘robot’ voice telling you that there is awaiting time of 1 hr and 15 minutes. having no choice I left my phone number and sure enough I got callback an 1 hr and 30 minutes. later. As soon as I heard a live voice, and I said hello, the phone line went into a dial tone. Whatever happened to company’s that were always consumer conscious…that one has to wait an hour and a half just to ask a question. Been without water now over the weekend and now on its 5th day. I can’t even buy one that fits or at the least have to wait a few more days for delivery. The countertop company never even gave me any warnings about my faucet won’t fit correctly because the difference in sizes.

Unregistered-zzz111

You will have the notch out an area around where the nut will fit some counter top people do that for you Faucets are made the same they do not adjust for thick tops you have to make your own.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.