• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by Unregistered-Duckman.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      thorne48
      Participant

Could anyone share with me the “rule of thumb” for estimating caulk usage as I am going to re-caulk a large number of windows on the outside of my condo complex.

riverhawk
      Participant

first of all is how good are you at it. do you put on a nice bead or slop it on and all over? How much calk will it take to do a window all depends on the person doing it. I guess you need to know how big of tubes your going to buy little ones or big ones. Maybe you want to measure around a window and then see what the coverage the tube might say. This is one you just might have to figure yourself by how much of a tube your going to use per window then times that many windows. I think 12 tubes will probably do it tho hahah

Unregistered-Duckman

Check out http://www.oldhouseweb.com/how-to-advice/caulking-windows-doors.shtml

#3. A good rough estimate is that you will need 1/2 cartridge per window or door, 4 for the foundation sill, and at least 1 more for around faucets, vents, pipes, electrical outlets and so on.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.