Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I am in the process of having an emergency, but I had shut off my main water, until I can get the following problem solved. A simple chore of disconnecting my dish washer, even with the valves shut off, had water hot water leaking to my basement floor. No nearby plumbing supply , rain storm, and etc. I had to disconnect the hot water attachment to the dish washer and tried to cap it with the usual nut cap for plumbing, but its too large. its 3/4″, I need something smaller that would fit on a cupling..don’t even know if caps come in smaller size. In the meantime, now I can’t use any water till I get that capped. I was told by a neighbor that i should also turn off the water going to my hot water tank. I never had done this, even in other emergencies of the past. Never heard of this but seems to make some sense. I do not want to shut off the cold water going to my gas boiler..than I will be without heat also. Please someone tell me how can i rectify this so I am able to have running water, until i am able to go to a supply store and hope there is a small size cap. Thanks

Unregistered-zzz111

Call the plumber dont play with jobs you know nothing about. See the mess you made good luck spend some money on the Plumber

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.