Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-nicksmema

I just would like to know the best way to put up some drywall in my basement. They did half way but left the cement walls and had covered them with cheap carpet. We have removed the smelly carpet and now would like to drywall and paint. Suggestions for making it stay on cement walls? Glue, screws, any help appreciated.

riverhawk
      Participant

I just did and addition to my basement and used a hammerdrill to screw 1×3 s to the old outside wall and then paneled it,rather than drywall the other three walls I chose to ragroll them…looks darn sharp IMHO

massaro1
      Participant

We drywalled our basement a few years ago and our major concern was with moisture, mildew and mold. The walls and floor have been dry since the house was built (50+)so we were safe. We laid out 2×2 strips (cut 2×4 in half) and screwed them to the walls with masonary screws. Each hole had to be predrilled. After framing we installed styrofoam boards as an insulater. The drywall was installed leaving a 1/2″ gap by the floor.

By installing the wood strips, we were able to run wiring and a gas line for a gas fireplace. Still looks very good.

M. Massaro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.