Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-jaybirdjaygci

Is there anything I can do to make a dull spot on a microwave shine again?
      I dripped a spot of paint remover while refinishing kitchen cabinets onto the microwave and it made a small area dull. Its a plastic and black.
      Its a customers and I would like to fix it and not replace it.

Bruno1949
      Participant

Not the gels. The cheap old white stuff that’s been around for years. Take a soft cloth like an old T-Shirt and put some toothpaste on it and start rubbing in a circular motion. It may take a while but you should be able to buff the plastic area smooth if it’s not etched too deeply. If it doesn’t return to a full shine clean it to remove any trace of the toothpaste and look around for some Johnson’s Wax Pledge with Future Shine in the floor care area. It’s a clear acrylic floor coating. Pour some on a rag and rub it into the plastic. It should return the area to a nice shiny condition. The Future isn’t permanent but having to wax the microwave every couple of weeks isn’t so bad.

Unregistered-jaybirdjaygci

Thank you Bruno1949, you may have saved the day, I will try the toothpaste today!!

Jaybirdjaygci

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.