Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-ddevine92009

Hello All, I have a Calypso washer that is about 3 years old. It is giving me the dreaded LD error. This happenned once before and I found a clog in the drain area (problem fixed). This time however, the drain area was not very clogged. I did find 1 Bra Wire that I removed. I needed to take the top of the washer apart to get access to the Bra Wire. The problem still persists. I don’t think it is the pump because I am watching the water get drained and it coming out at a good rate. Any Ideas? Also, when I took the top apart, I got the agitator off by removing the 6 bolts, but still couldn’t get the inner basin out to fully clean everything. How do you remove the inner basin?

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi ddevine92009,
      This site has a very experienced Moderator called DanO and when he reads your Thread is sure to know the right answer to your problem.
      I did a google search on (images) and found sites that shows you diagrams of Calypso Washing Machines and 2 another sites that gives you the meanings of Calypso Washer error codes.
      Scroll down and you will see Ld error means..

Writen below is directly quoted of their site.
      Long Drain Ld flashes if it takes longer than 5 minutes to pump out water to a point where the operating pressure switch resets.
      Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.

Heres their sites
      http://www.applianceaid.com/calypso-codes.html#wash
      http://www.repairclinic.com/0078.asp#Whirlpool3

regards from Noelene

Unregistered-Tom C

to remove the spin basket you need to remove the spanner nut, you need a special spanner wrench to remove and install this spanner nut. then you can remove the u-joint asembly, then the spin basket should pull straight up… be aware that you must replace the o-ring and black gaskets on u-joint any time the u-joint is removed. also if the ujoint looks like water has entered and looks corroded replace the u-joint asm…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.