Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      amarillo092582
      Participant

we built a house 4 years ago. we bought 2 sets of french doors. they have leaked all around the doors ever since we installed them. the company, probilt, came out 3 times and put in new weather stripping and the last time they replaced the doors, not the frame though, they said that the doors are all square and they can’t figure it out. they still leak, so bad that when it rains or snows, or the wind blows, I have to tape the cracks (seams) all the way around, it even blows down the center where the doors come together. Now jeld wen, formerly probilt, seems to think that they can fix them. if they can’t then what do I do? I can’t afford to replace them.

homebild
      Participant

Sounds like an incorrect (or non-existent)flashing problem around the doors.

To repair, the siding and doors will need to be removed and the doors reinstalled with proper flashing.

Anonymous
      Participant

I presume your leakage is between the door and the frame and not between the frame and the house. It is challenging to get the frame set correctly on double swinging doors. I would let them continue to try to fix the system. I presume you have a warranty and if they installed them I would not think you should pay any money. I would not have tried to just replace the doors and the tradesmen may not be experienced. A door contractor may be able to correct the problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.