Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Julia123179

Does anyone know why my dishwasher takes forever to go through a cycle? I think it has to do with the water not being hot enough. Its always been slow.
      Anyone experienced this?

Unregistered-lg

it has an option that employs a heating element to raise the water temperature.
      if this option is selected the unit pauses the timer until a certain temperature is reached then it resumes advancement.

Unregistered-as

We recently bought a new dishwasher and most new ones now have a really long running time. The manufacturers call it efficiency; but it’s not your time they are talking about — it’s water and electricity savings they are hyping. (not sure how true ). Slow pre-spray to loosen food, then rinse and wait time, hope to loosen more sticky stuff, a little more washing, etc. etc. etc. A look at consumer magazines shows most have LONG running times.

Bruno1949
      Participant

to wash and dry a load of dishes. They are clean and nice, but the run time is about twice what I’m used to. And this is on “Normal” not “Pot Scrubber” or anything special. The newer units do take FOREVER to do a load.

If the water heater is set to Medium or Medium Low, somewhere around 120 degrees F, the dish washer should be fine. It also helps if you run the sink until the water is hot so the dishwasher doesn’t have to pull in cold water.

DanO
      Participant

** Does anyone know why my dishwasher takes forever to go through a cycle? I think it has to do with the water not being hot enough. **

How hot is the hot water at a nearby tap?

How hot is the water in the machine after a fill?

Dishwasher manufacturers suggest the fill water temperature be 120-140°F. If your water heater is set lower than that or you don’t run a sink tap until fully hot before starting the dishwasher, the dishwasher will fill with too cool of water and the control will delay the timing at several points during the cycle (called ‘thermal holds’) to heat the water.

Some higher end machines will also delay the wash cycle if the water in the dishwasher is dirty. On such models poor draining can result in extended wash cycles.

** Anyone experienced this? **

Many people experience long wash times due to water temperature. It is a common complaint which can usually be minimized by adjusting the use of the dishwasher (ie. running a sink tap until hot before starting the dishwasher).

JMO

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/parts/?ref411=Dishwasher
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

have ALL of us at their mercy,,, dread seeing what’s coming in the way of regulating microwave popcorn 🙂 get used to more of the same,,, at least paper plates haven’t been outlawed yet.

http://www.itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative concrete artisan
      concrete repairs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.