Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-STORMINORMAN@aol.com

Any truth in the rumor that one must use a special detergent in front load (or, for that matter “any”) Energy Star washers?

I’m aware that the AMOUNT one should use can be critical, but I just don’t want to get caught up in some requirement that I use a “special” detergent.

In a nutshell: can one just use good ole’ All Free Liquid and call it good?

Handyman
      Participant

According to the Kenmore site there are several reasons to use the special detergent.
      http://www.kenmorehe4t.com/forums/Cleaning/12/12/flat-page1.html

Namely, Less sudsing so you don’t overflow. And enzymes and chemicals that supposedly remove dirt/stink/(why you wash clothes) with less water.

Not speaking from experience with the HE4t just looking at their site, I am guessing you can save the planet by using less water and energy.
      I am not sure what the cost benefit analysis is but if you have a higher capacity and are able to use less water and energy you are saving.
      This may even lower the cost of energy for everything as a supply and demand issue.
      Less dependence on fossil fuels. Save the planet, one load of laundry at a time.

DanO
      Participant

** Any truth in the rumor that one must use a special detergent in front load (or, for that matter “any”) Energy Star washers? **

I don’t know about “any Energy Star washers” but for front-loading models, yes!

Only use HE (which is low sudsing) detergent in modern front load washers.

JMO

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Clothes+Washer
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Jasper
      Participant

* I found some at Home Depot. I looked for it at Albertsons and Krogers and they didn’t have it.
      Good Luck… Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.