Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      STARGODDESS777
      Participant

I have an older model Delta tub faucet. It operated both my shower head as well as my tub faucet. I have been having a problem with it dripping and was told to replace the washers and springs in it. I have managed to take off the actual knob, but I can’t seem to do more than that and am not sure how to go about going further to fix the problem. I have a low income, so I need to fix this myself. Unfortunately, I am also ignorant of repair work so I have been learning how to do this at a slow pace. I do not know how to remove the cap and adjusting ring to get to the seats and springs. I also think that it may have gotten stuck since it has not been replaced since my father bought the house 20 years ago. Please advise me how to go about replacing these and what to do if this does not fix the problem.

doug seibert
      Participant
      erik peterson
      Participant

You may save money in the long-run by calling a pro. Delta if not worked on for a long time can become “stuck” and in trying to remove the “crown-nut” one can very easily do non-repairable damage. (twisting the valve inside the wall) At that point the water must be shut off to the whole house until the complete tub/shower control valve is replaced inside wall/tile. erik

erik peterson
      Participant

Good intentions by the moderator but the model shown in the link supplied by doug is not the model the original poster has…You may find yours by searching the delta web-site. erik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.