• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert James

I am thinking of purchasing a home built in 1956 with an inadequate crawl space to maintain the heating and plumbing that is current run in this crawl space. Only access is through a window well. I would need to dig out more crawl space room than the 6-8 inches that now exists in most areas. I would not jepordize the footer as there is a 4 block height exposed in some areas. Any suggestions on simplifying this process? I need to work out the details of this process BEFORE I purchase, if I purchase at all !

dp

you want details on acting like a rat for 3 days? the only detials i would be concerned with was finding some day labor to handle this for me

the most involved i would want to get would be getting lunch for the 2 day laboring sub-terranian dirt diggers

perhaps i would cut off 2 shovles and get em some old drywall buckets to move the mud-pies around with, and find a place in the garden for the diggings to be dumped

dp

Me

Ya, point is, hire this done, there are experts that have the equipment, and you will probably end up with one sooner than later, if you try a do-it-yourself approach.

Look in the yellow pages, get a couple quick bids, only way to be sure. They can point out the real problems, and at least ballpark a cost to get you going.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.