Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Heather M

Mower is only 6 months old. It won’t start. It has gas and oil and it hasn’t had problems before. I can’t get it to start. Any ideas on what it might be?

Unregistered-Heather M

Sorry. Meant to put that in the thread.

Jasper
      Participant

1. If it’s still in warrenty, take it back to the dealer or the manufacturer’s rep
      2. Make sure the sparkplug wire in making a good contact with the sparkplug.
      3. Remove the plug. Look at it and make sure that there is no carbon buildup or anything else across the two metal points of the sparkplug.
      4. remove the wire from the the sparkplug. Hold it as close as you can to the sparkplug without touching. DON’T TOUCH THE METAL part of the wire or you’ll have a shocking experience. If you see an arc from the wire to the sparkplug, forget it being an electrical problem. If no arc, then the magneto that creates the spark is defective or the wire is broken.
      5. Dump the gasoline out, may be contaminated. Put new gas in.
      6. There’s a gas line that goes to the carburator. Usually rubber. Pull this hose off and see if gasoline flows out, it should. if not it’s stopped up.
      7. There’s an airfilter on the carburator. Make sure that it is not clogged up.

Do what janderscu said. We need more info… Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

carl21l
      Participant

one important point, is the safty handle working correctly? it kills the ignition if not fully held in the on position.
      JMHO

Carl

Unregistered-Heather M

The mower has a cut-off switch under the right hand side of the engine, close to the deck but not visible from the top. As I haven’t got a manual, I didn’t know it even existed – and it had gotten bumped.

Thanks for all your help!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.