Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Aaron S

My garage burnt down a few months back and I had craftman tools, tool boxes, weedwacker, leafblower, shop vac etc.. I had gone into Sears and asked the gentlemen working there (while I was replacing the weedwacker) if my Craftman hand tools warranty would be covered if the tools were in a fire? “He said yes bring them in”. A couple of weeks went by and I put all the tools in a bucket and went to Sears and was told NO they are only rusty. I explained that the tools were unuseable and I thought Craftman had a “Lifetime Warranty”. They told me that it didn’t cover rusty tools.I told them they were unusable, you couldn’t read what size socket it was, the temper of the metal was changed, and I was planning on spending over a thousand dollars in their store that day, but if the warranty wasn’t really a warranty then I would spend my money else where. I always thought that Craftman was a name brand you could trust. But the name really doesn’t mean much anymore I guess. I work in a customer service department and I was treated like a criminal when I walked into Sears.There was only about $300-$400 in tools and I was planning on spending well over that. It bothers me that the name Sears and Craftman don’t mean anything anymore. I will go buy Husky or Snap-On because their warranty is a true LIFETIME WARRANTY. shuvlhead@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered-RocketScientist

I believe the warranty is for manufacture defects and wear or breakage from “normal” use. I don’t think having your tools cooked in a fire is “normal” use. If you just bought a TV and it was still under a 90 day warranty and melted from a fire would you also expect that to be replaced ?

Unregistered-lg

don’t you have insurance?

bink
      Participant

Your homeowne’s insurance will cover them but you cannot expect Sears to replace them. You do have homeower’s insurance, don’t you.

Let us know how it works out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.