• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

I’m relocating our wash room. Currently the water (clothes washer machine) backs up the drain pipe (not the reason for the move). I’m 99% sure the drain line is clear. So ? In the new location, what size vent pipe and what size drain pipe. And are these the cause of my current prob. Only occurs on large loads.

TomR

That should be fine. Even a 1.5″ drain can be good if the vent pipe is close, but I’d stick with 2″, at least to the trap.

It could be that your original drain problem is because the vent is too far away, so that gases from the soap suds back up and cannot escape other than back up through the drain.

I don’t think I’m talented enough to explain any better without writing a novel. Hopefully you get the idea.

KRIS

AFTER A YEAR OF USEING THIS MACHINE LOCATED IN THE BASMENT. IT NOW BACKS UP INTO THE TOILET NEXT TO LAUNDRY ROOM AND LAUNDRY FLOOR.

COULD IT BE MY SEPTIC TANK?

A CLOGGED DRAIN?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

A CLOGGED DRAIN?

KRIS

AFTER A YEAR OF USEING THIS MACHINE LOCATED IN THE BASMENT. IT NOW BACKS UP INTO THE TOILET NEXT TO LAUNDRY ROOM AND LAUNDRY FLOOR.

COULD IT BE MY SEPTIC TANK?

A CLOGGED DRAIN?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.