Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-Rich

Two problems. 1st one is the back closet door is scraping the front one. The tracks are for doors up to 1 3/8th inch and that is the size of the doors. I believe all the rolling hardware is the same in the box(not different for front and back door).

2nd problem is in another bedroom, when I hang the 80inch tall doors adjusted all the way to fit they are about a half inch to long even after removing a 3/4inch board on the floor. Would it be easiest to cut the bottom of the hollow core doors to make it fit or are there smaller doors than 80inch that would work better?

Thanks

thiggy
      Participant

It sounds as if you may have incorrect hardware. The hangars/rollers for the front and rear of by-pass doors have differing amounts of offset. If is this is the case, you should return them for correct replacements. However, I don’t suppose you have just hung the doors in a reversed position, have you?

You will not find shorter doors. You just need to trim the bottom of the door to fit your opening. I have on occasion trimmed hollow-core doors to the extent that I got into the hollow area. When that occurs, I just fabricate and glue in a small filler piece from some scrap lumber. It works as good as ever.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.