• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Butler

I just installed a new patio block deck around my swimming pool. I am wondering what the best way would be to clean the residue off the brick. i have heard that muric acid is the way to go but I a, unsure how to apply it.

Can you help?

Thanks

Moderator, Steve

powerwasher with a fan tip??

tomh

Muriatic acid is another name for hydrochloric acid (HCl). It is a hazardous material for skin and eye contact and produces dangerous vapors. It must be used with proper protective equipment and adequate ventilation or acid gas respirator.

It is an effective cleaner and will remove grout haze on many sufaces. It can also etch surfaces so be careful where you put it. I have used the acid on bricks and dilute the acid just enough so it fumes when applied, dilution instructions are usually included. You will see it sizzle and fume on grout. It can be applyed with a stiff nylon brush or broom from a bucket. Allow the acid to work, agitate and rinse completely. Acid can be neutralized with an alkaline cleaner, lime, or enough rinsing. Lime is also a good first aid precaution if you get acid on your skin.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.