• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom Summers

I’m a first time buyer. There are so many brands out there. Heard Casablanca and Hunter the best but ??
      16 x 13 family room, 2 15 X 12 bedrooms. 8′ ceilings.
      Any do’s and dont’s appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Both Hunter and Casablanca are good brands. Like most manufacturers, they have inexpensive up through really pricey models. With 8′ ceilings, be sure to get a model that “hugs” the ceiling (flush mounted). A while back, Consumer Reports rated ceiling fans, with most Hunter and Casablanca models tested in the top half of the ratings. Be sure the electrical box can handle the weight! Plastic boxes are unacceptable. Ideally, the box should be designed for handling a ceiling fan. The fans are very heavy.

Ermer

I received a Bahams ceiling fan as a gift. It does not have light. The manufacturers instructiins state that light kits are availabel and can be attached. I can’t seem to find one for this fan. Can anyone tell me where or how I can find one. I live in the Detroit, MI area. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ermer

don

i have just installed a Bali fan-light. the fan makes a constant buzzing noise when its on, no matter what speed its on.now the bottom light doesnt come on brite untill the fan comes on.????

marty

I was givien a casablanca fan as a gift, but it had no light. I am looking for the light fixture.

dennis

I have hampton bay ceiling fan & light and the remote don’t work properly. The fan & light won’t work without the remote control. what am to do. Need help would like to were to get a replacement remote control

dennis

I have hampton bay ceiling fan & light and the remote don’t work properly. The fan & light won’t work without the remote control. what am I to do. Need help I would like to were to get a replacement remote control

Mayfield

what is the best size motor to have on a cieling fan. I bought one on sell with a 3.0 size motor and it does not move the air in the room at all.

Sheila Schrimpe

I have a 1.5 yr old Hamptonbay light & fan and remote fails to work.Is Hamptonbay still in business if so would you know where?

Thank you

Sheila Schrimpe

Kimberly

The lamp part of the celing fan unscrewed itself from the motor and blades and is now hanging by two wires. I cannot seem to get it to screw back in – tried both ways and nothing. Seems to catch then pops out the minute fan is turned on.

ARCHIE JOHNSON

HELLO

I AN TRYING TO FIX ME CEILING FAN,

( HAMPTON BAY REDINGTON ll- white with polished brass 175-718 )the remote will light up when i push the buttons, but won.t start the fan.

please help.

Thank you.

Tres22

I just installed a new Hampton bay bali fan and can not get it to work. My remote control appears to be working. I triple checked my connecitons to no avail. any suggestions would be helpful.

Jennifer Morrow

I bought two fixtures the other day.( They are very nice for the price) I realized (after they were both installed) that the glass globe was not all one peice. How can I go about getting a replacement so that home depot won’t have to part a fixture out? model #434 369.

Thank You

Tyco Swick

10 years ago we had several air circulators that consisted of a small cieling fan with a bladed about 6″ in length that forced cieling air down through a flexible vinyl tube that reached the floor. They were very effective, recirculating air with no noticeable draft. Is such a unit still available, and if so, how much?

Brian Dudasko

I have the remote and all parts needed to install the remote but i have misplaced the directions. Can anyone tell me where i can get a set of directions?

Thanks

Brian

Ps is is a thermostatic

ceiling fan and light remote control. I think it is model #838 956 thanks again

TOM AMBROSE

HEY GUYS,

IBOUGHT A HAMPTON BAY CEILING FAN FROM MY LOCAL HOME DEPOT APPROX.6 MONTHS AGO,THEY NO LONGER CARRY THIS MODEL AND I NEED SOME PARTS. THE MODEL #IS AC-4045-5,I AM LOOKING FOR ONE OF THE BLADES AND ALSO THE LIGHT COVER.IF YOU CAN OFFER ANY HELP OR IDEAS I WOULD BE GREATFUL

THANKS,

TOM

Valerie

Several months ago we purchased a Southwind V ceiling fan that has a remote control. We love it but now it will start all by itself. One time the light will come on by itself or another time the fan will start. They never do it at the same time, but one or the other. Does anyone have any idea instead of just taking out the remote control?

Ramsey

I am looking for the instalation instructions with light fixture. I just bought this from Home Depot and have already lost the inst. New home and it’s pretty hectic coming and going. Can anybody please help before I have to jump in and try without it. You can email me at ramsey81@comcast.net

Thanks….

Gayle

I bought my house a year ago. It has a cieling fan in the living room, but there is no brand name on it. It worked fine until yesterday, when abruptly it developed a serious wobble.

I disassembled it, and the vertical rod extending through the motor and into the cieling is loose above the level of the cieling.

I went into the attic, but there is no access to the fan from there that I can find. Any suggestions?

Thanks.. Gayle

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.