Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Candy

My shower has a tile floor (1 inch squares) and I want to know if there is any product to seal the water away from the grout? The shower is 18 years old and looks like new, but seems to take almost 24 hours to dry.

John 2000

“Hi” Candy.
      “Open the window” ( no I’m not trying to be funny )
      That may help.
      or you could wait till H in Mi puts in his 2 cents
      John 2000

JT

Candy, why is it a problem how long it takes to dry?
      Are you getting mildew? Sealers help keep dirt out
      but are not effective at waterproofing grout. If your
      getting mildew on the tile as well as the grout, you
      probably need a bath fan (or if you have one, to run
      it longer). If there is mildew just on or in the grout,
      it’s usually because the floor was not laid with
      sufficient slope to drain the water that always gets
      past the tile; or possibly the drain’s weep holes
      are clogged. There’s not much that can be done about
      these last two problems short of redoing the floor and pan.
      If mildew is not a problem and you just want the floor
      to dry faster for whatever reason, the window may be
      enough, but a good bath fan is probably better.

Kristen Griffin

I would like to install a ceramic tile shower but I am not sure how to make the bottom. I would like the whole thing to be tile even the outside edges of the bottom.

Dan McCARTHY

My home is Richmond American and they claim that six inch smooth tiles on the shower floor are o.k.Well I fell the other night and asked them if these tiles on the floor should be of a rough finish. Of course they don’t want to replace them and suggested we put down some rubber none slip pads.Just thought it would be good to get your professional opinion. Thanks, Dan

Rodney S

Would you please tell me where I can get info on how to install a shower pan with liner for a tile floor…. slope from wall to drain

Connie

We had to remove all the tile and mud from the shower base (4 X 6 feet) due to a leak. What is the best way to float the cement mud for a base for the new tile floor.

JOHN E

We put in a tile floor in the shower and the pitch isn’t enough to drain. Can I put cement over the tile with the correct pitch or do I have to remove the other tile and start over.

Tina Grelle

We would like to install the 2 inch tiles on the floor of our shower! Were can we learn how to do this ourselves?

mswerng1
      Participant

I have contractors here and they are building a shower from scratch. It is on the ground floor. Thus far they have built a cement flooring and put backer boards. My concern here is that there is a gap between the cement floor and the backer boards. I fear that everything I have read on line tells me this should be hot mopped becasue the shower will leak with the ver first use and I do not want mold to set in. I hear from the contractors that is only true if it is on a 2nd floor. HELP, please advise ASAP

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.