• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy Miller

My mother-in-law has a Casablanca ceiling fan with light fixture that calls for a three strand wire. This fan is hooked up with a two strand wire and will not work the fan and light simultaniously. Is ther any to get it to work with out rerunning the electrical wire?

JT

Not if you want to control them separately with
      wall switches. Other options are: have them both
      work together, control one with a pull-chain switch
      (but will only work when the wall switch is on),
      get a remote control unit (Casablanca has these,
      though I don’t know if they can be retrofited) and
      blank off the switch.

E. Faber

The plastic housing snapped when we tried to start to the ceiling fan a while ago. Eventually the for./rev. housing also snapped. I went to the big hardware supplier and purchased two 3 speed pull chain mechanisms. At the opportune time, I replaced one wire for one wire and re-installed it. Tried to starts it and no go. Then I tried the f/r switch and I blew a fuse. This is the strangest!!! I have traced every piece of wire and I think there is an improper sequence of wiring installed. Could you assist me in any way?

david posey

I hav purchased a hunter origianl ceiling fan and had a local electrician install it. It is just the fan, no light. I also had him install a hunter wall switch for the fan, the type that is supposed to work with the hunter original. The problem is, the wall switch in the fist position gives me a very slow speed. In the second position it also gives me a very slow speed. In the third position it gives me a very fast helicopter type speed. If I leave the wall switch on fast and use the pull chain on the fan I can get a nice slow, intermediate, and fast speed, using the pull chain on the fan. What do I have to do to get the wall switch to give me three speeds?

Thanks for your help.

harvey auger

I am installing a ceiling light, it has just white and black wires, which I will connect to the white and black wires from the ceiling, however there is a red wire in the ceiling, I assume thats for the light switch, does it go to the black line or the white or left alone not connected?

MARLIN EWING PARTS MANAGER

want to operate the light on fan from 2 locations and fan from one location on the wall how wouil i do this

thanks marlin

want to operate the light on fan from 2 locations and fan from one location on the wall how would i do this

thanks marlin

want to operate the light on fan from 2 locations and fan from one location on the wall how would i do this

thanks marlin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.