Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-cruisersug

My cat has urinated in one of the floor vents. I’ve cleaned it out but the smell is still there. Also over the winter 2 stray cats have made their home under my house. Now that smell is also coming up through the floor. Any suggestions for either problem???? The floor under the house is dirt.

bravey
      Participant

Go to your pet store and ask for an ENZYME product that removes urine odors. It must be sprayed directly onto the odor source. The enzyme chemically reacts with the urine residue and neutralizes the odor. If the store doesn’t know what youre talking about, find a sales person that does.

Under the house is a big problem since there is a lot of surface area. The enzyme product is not cheap and must be applied directly to the urnine contamination. That means money and exercise or waiting a LONG time. In a car, cat urine can emit an odor for years, especially when dampened. Under the house, the problem will become tolerable in a much shorter time depending upon the original intensity. Someone else may have a better solution for you.

Regards

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi I noticed no one has been able to help you out yet regarding the cats under your house. Bravey gave you a great way to get the smell out of the vent.

Now this is somthing you may or may not want to try, but I did it to get rid of some rats under my house but it took a couple of goes.

Because I have a swimming pool I always have a couple of containers of Dry Chlorine for the pool. What I did was heaverly sprinkle chlorine all under my house. The rats hated and moved out. Plus it helped reduse that awfull smell.

The warnings are.. wear eye and breathing protection. The fumes are strong at first but it dosn’t take long to disappear.

The cats are going to hate it and won’t be able to live there. The good thing is the chlorine is going to kill any bacteria that has formed under the house and help get rid of the smell. Let me know how you go.
      Regards Noelene

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.