Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I have a Weil-Mcneil boiler, I think its called. I would like to use the drain outlet of this steam boiler with a yoke connection…one to drain and the other to attach at times a hose. The reason being, it is much closer to my front courtyard without a sharp bend of the original hose outlet. Is this logical? I would go through the process of ‘filling’ up my boiler, but only using my hose to water the courtyard…hoping not to flood my boiler..I suppose it wouldn’t, but I would like to be sure i haven’t overlooked anything. Thanks

Unregistered-lg

it’s just a drain no pressure.and that’s not the only reason.

mikenew
      Participant

Are you not treating your boiler water? and if not, you still will greatly alter the ph of whatever you water with boiler water that has been cycled very many times and if by using water that is to be dedicated to the boiler you will be added additional fresh water to the system that is not treated then you will be increasing the introduction of lime and calcium hardness and plugging up the system.
      If you are talking about tapping the feed water before it gets to the boiler controls then no problem as the boiler has its own level controls and is only affected by the water that makes it past those controls.

Mike Newberry
      Air conditioning repair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.