• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bob

I have a cast iron bathtub and a weak back. Is there any way to break up the tub?????

Steve Jones

Bob, If the tub is free and un attached, I would find some labors, 2, to assist you in the removal. Busting up the tub could be dangerous to you and the flying pieces to the bathroom area.

I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU NOT BREAK UP THE TUB.

Steve

Linda

Why break it up? Many people would love to buy an old cast iron tub. So why not put an ad in the paper or let everyone know on a radio swap/sell show. Here in New England we have WOKQ on Sundays. Whoever buys it moves it. Sounds good to me : )

Jannelle Neal

Once you have torn your old bathtub out you are left with the task of repalcing the wall that is to surround your tub. What should I use to replace the concrete that was removed from around the old bathtub? Should I use drywall or greenboard before I begin to install my waterproof tile board? By the way the wall beams are showing.

John VanKirk

I have a bath tub standard size (5′) and my bathroom is only 5’X 8′ with the bath tub going across the 5′ wall I’d like to take it out. Do I have to bust through the walls to remove it? Also, the door is only 27 3/4″.

Can you help me in this delima.

John

John VanKirk

Can I paint over wall paper that has silver stripes running through it?

also a wall that has mostly silver in it?

Karen Merejildo

How can I remove my bathtub without damaging the tiles?

Glenn Corcoran

I am removing a steel bathtub. I have stripped the rest of the bathroom bare. I have exposed the plumbing for the tub.

Do you have any helpful tips on how best to extract the tub from its resting place?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.