Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rfhudy
      Participant

I just moved into a rental property and have a bathtub with a shower head. When pulling the knob to route the water from the bathtub faucet to the shower head, it doesn’t seal off completely and water still comes out of the faucet and the pressure from the shower head is very low. Is there a quick fix for this? Do I need to remove the faucet; if so, how?

I could have the properyy manager call in a handyman, but I don’t want to wait and would rather fix it myself.

riverhawk
      Participant

sometimes the faucet assembly comes apart in the spout part of the faucet. You may be able to reassemble it or replace the faucet by taking the set screw out of the underside of the faucet itself. then unscrew the faucet and reinstall another after making sure you have the right one. It just screws onto a pipe sticking from the shower wall. really pretty simple once you see it.

novaman72
      Participant

It’s normal for some water to run from faucet when the show is running. I don’t think that is causing your low pressure, it’s probably galvanized water lines that are plugging up and closing in. If its an old building it needs new water lines. If it’s not very old, then there must be another cause. Hope this helps!

novaman72

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.